Asthma inhalers are the most common way to deliver asthma medicine to the lungs. The medicine is inhaled (puff) by using a variety of inhalers, one thing in common is that you can clearly hear the inhaling and the puff sound. To track the intake of medicine we had to monitor this sound which could longer than a period of 4-10s and above depending on an individual. Digital Mics were used to record the sound. The recorded sound data was streamed over BLE for use by the supporting Mobile App.
- Microcontroller with BLE (4.0): TI-CC2640
- Digital I2S Mic: ICS43434
- Code Composer Studio 8.0
- C, C++
- Unit tests were written for each firmware module, the tests could be simply compiled by defining test flags.
- Peer code reviews and static analysis for code quality checks.
- Integration tests were performed to meet the given design requirements.
An supporting application was developed for demonstration purpose and to support Mobile App developers to communicate with the device